Saturday 2 March 2013

A bit about me...

My career started in 1986 after I finished my 2 years National Service and grew from that of Trainee Technician to Development Technician to Technical Sale Representative to OEM Account Manager to Export Manager to Divisional Manager and then on to owning my own business.

In the last 7 years I have worked for an employee again (although holding a minority share) and worked up there from New Business Development to Sales & Marketing Manager to Divisional Manager.  The time has come again for me to move on and I am exploring my own business again, but more of that later.

Over the duration of my career (thus far) I have been involved in many aspects of businesses but have found my niche in "new opportunities".  "A niche?" you may ask ... it is that I have found that this is what gets my heart rate up and the adrenaline pumping.  Within this is actually many facets and it is the thrill of taking something from birth to maturity that is what I enjoy, be it a new product, a new territory, a new division, a new company or even a new staff member.

It is my plan through this blog to share with you my experiences, to impart some of what I have learnt, from books and from reality, so that it may in some way assist you in your career.

One philosophy that has guided me thus far is that there is no magic formula for anything in business and management and as such I glean from many sources and adapt for my situation.  I may refer to books and articles but most of this is a combination of a lot of various sources, most of all from me.

I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I know I am going to enjoy writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment